Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Finding the Hay in the Needle Stack

            I’ll admit that the choices for stories were a tad dry this time. However, I was able to find three that I can attempt to write about.
            The first story was Black Wings which I was quite intrigued by the idea of being asexual. I don’t think I be able to even try to be asexual only for the fact that I know what I like but that’s besides the fact. I think that it was odd that a fight between two women caused the women in this story to lose her idea of her sexuality, but maybe this is a fact that could be thought of on a much deeper. A small thing that did confuse me about this story was the mention of Lolita. Maybe I missed something in the reading but I’m certain that I didn’t.
            The second story I found somewhat appealing was 10 Birds. I loved the idea of these doves being a metaphor for ghosts. I believe that it really fit the creepy atmosphere that I believe this piece to give off. I thought that it was interesting how the sections were separated into ten sections to relate to the fact of their being ten birds. As for the story itself, I feel like it was quite a spiritual kind of tale and that was what I liked about it the most.
            The final story was Period A Biographical Re-Definition. This tale confused me a lot, but I thought that I caught a hint of what could be some stalker like activity. Besides that though, I can so relate to the fact of not knowing where your memory is going. I can barely remember what happened five minutes ago, not that that really relates. It was also quite interesting to see the tale of what could be two lovers, as they face the challenges of a possibly non-existence relationship, and yes I wasn’t lying when I said I was a tad confused.
            Those were honestly the only three stories I could actually finish. The other stories assigned I literally had to skip and began the next. All that matters, though, is that I found at least a few stories that I can relate to, making this reading journey successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment