Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Feel Like You're Being Watched?

   Out of all of the longer short stories we read, I was quite intrigued by the section titled Internal. This section is about a person who is supposed to observe their boss' brother, whom is apparently violent and not mentally stable. The only thing that they really get to know is that the brothers don't look alike at all and where he lives.
   The main character starts to question what exactly their boss is thinking. At first they cannot find the brother needing to be observed. The character takes all of their time trying to actually find him and not enough time to observe him when they actually do find him. When they finally do find him, after drilling holes in their walls to see into his apartment, they then realize what may really be happening.
   They begin to worry that they aren't the ones observing the brother, but just the opposite. The character notices him peeking through the holes to see what they are doing at just the right moment for the character to catch them doing it. It's quite erie when you think about it.
   I liked this selction because in a way, it was thrilling. I found myself wanting to know more about the mystery brother and what was really happening. I feel the other did a great job, for the most part, of keeping me on my toes for most of the reading.

1 comment: