Thursday, April 5, 2012

Almost Like Wearing a Mask

   Usually in my posts, I would elaborte on 3 selections that I like, however, this time I found one that I have a lot to say about!
   There was a section titled Blue Lipstick and a Cigarette Hanging Out Your Mouth. The author mostly discussed how some times they like to make themselves more interesting by changing themselves. This is something that I think is great to talk about on two different levels. The first level being the actual physical idea of you changing your appearance for the sake of wanting something new. The second level is more along the lines of writing, and how writing can either help to show your true self, or one that you like to be seen.
   I can definitely relate to the idea of needing change. When I was in elementary school and a little throughtout middle, I dressed like your typical child, nothing to exciting. This is when I realized that i definitely needed something new. So I started shopping at a store known as Hot Topic, and that's when everything changed for me. I was this whole new person that peope really didn't want to walk all over any more because I looked more intimidating. That was my beautiful awakening to who I am now.
   From a writing perspective, it helps to realize the many different sides to you tht there really is. What most people don't notice, orthink to take into perspective, is that people aren't as dense as they appear to be. People have many different kinds of themselves, most of which they decide to keep hidden away. With writing, you can either release the rest of who you are, making yourself more interesting and complicated, or you can choose to keep them hidden away. It's really your choice, let the real you show by removing a mask you already have placed, or disguise yourself with a new mask to hide the you that the world, you think, may not be ready for.

No comments:

Post a Comment